What is GPA eLearning?
GPA eLearning is an adapted version of our standard GPA Basics Education curriculum. It allows participants to learn at times that are personally convenient and at their own pace. GPA eLearning guides participants to better understand dementia and its responsive behaviours in order to respond effectively, respectfully and safely in the healthcare setting.
IMPORTANT! GPA eLearning is not intended to replace the full-day GPA Basics curriculum. The GPA Certified Coach Delivery Model is the preferred/recommended method.
What are the timelines to complete the GPA eLearning program?
The program must be completed within 4 weeks from start date. For the most integrated, immersive experience, we recommend finishing the course in one session (2 to 3 hours).
Evaluations of GPA eLEARNING
AGE has done extensive evaluations of its GPA eLearning program and conducted feedback/focus groups with both post-secondary and healthcare sectors. Go to the AGE Research Hub on the website for more detailed information.
NOTE TO ORGANIZATIONS: An affordable annual Licensing Option for eLearning is available. Contact us (see link below) for more information.Contact Us for More Information GPA Fact Sheet GPA eLearning Course Outline
Approximately 2 to 3 hours
Online learning does not require a facilitator.
A Technical Support number is made available on-screen during the program in the event of technical glitches while the program is running.
College or university students or those enrolled in an accredited Adult Education program in the healthcare field. Also idea for those in very remote/rural areas where attendance at a standard GPA Basics Session is hindered by access.
- Enrolled in the Geriatric Certificate Program
- Enrolled in or a graduate of an accredited healthcare program
- Wanting to enrol in a GPA Certified Coach Training Workshop, but need the prerequisite experience in GPA philosophy and GPA Basics Education.
- Employed in a position in which you interact with older persons with dementia
- Exploring employment opportunities for which GPA is a prerequisite.
- 18 years of age or older
100% completion of all modules (eLearning Certificate of Participation provided upon completion)
GPA-Recharged (GPA-R) refresher is an annual program renewal. GPA-Recharged is only available in an organizational setting that supports an in-house GPA Certified Coach.
$90 per participant (plus applicable taxes).
Group discounts are available for organizations who wish to register a group of students. Download the GPA eLearning Flyer (see button above) for more information on pricing.
Delivery facilitated through a series of online video tutorials covering the 4 GPA Basics modules:
- Introduction to dementia and person-centred care
- Overview of the relationship between the disease process and a person’s behavioural response
- Application of emotional, environmental, and interpersonal communication strategies to recognize, prevent and defuse responsive behaviours
- Suitable and respectful self-protective techniques to use in situations of risk